POLICY HEALTH AND SAFETY
Firth Primary School aims to:
- provide a safe physical and emotional environment for students and staff.
- to comply with all current legislation which ensures the safety of students and employees.
- To provide a safe and healthy learning and working environment for students and employees at Firth Primary School
- To preserve the long-term health of the Firth Primary School community by demonstrating care and concern for self, others and the environment.
1. The school will have written management procedures that are actively practised and regularly reviewed for compliance.
These will include:
- sexual, physical and emotional abuse
- protection from communicable diseases
- protection from identifiable hazards, eg. Weather, sun, road safety, emergencies, EOTC activities, equipment, structures.
- adult conduct at the school
- sick bay/medical room
- the Occupational Health and Safety Act and other Health and Safety legislation and their implementation at Firth Primary School.
2. Risk Analysis Management Systems (RAMS) will be part of management procedures for all EOTC trips.
3. Management procedures will reference current legislation.
4. Compliance reporting is documented in National Administration Guideline 2.
The school will have a set of implemented management procedures that will result in a safe and caring physical and emotional environment for the Firth Primary School community.
Approved by the Board _____________________ Date________________________
Signed Chairperson _______________________ Date________________________